Project duration: 6 months
CLIENT: Silesian Tourist Organization
Silesian Tourist Organization was established in 2004 by the Marshall’s Office of Silesian Voivodeship, Cieszynski Poviat, The City of Gliwice, Beskidy Chamber of Tourism, Polish Chamber of Tourism – Silesian Office, travel agencies and local offices of the Polish Tourist Country-Lovers (PTTK) society. The task of Silesian Tourist Organization is widely taken promotion of Silesian Voivodeship in Poland and abroad.
- Creating a unique and only Poland’s culinary brand “Silesian Flavors” which alludes to the promotional catchword of the Silesian Voivodeship: “Silesia. Positive Energy”.
- Silesian Flavors is a diverse and umbrella brand. The concept is based on a certification program for restaurants offering traditional Silesian cuisine (something similar to Michelin recommendations).
- The essence of Silesian Flavors is conveying the wealth of experience provided by the diversity of the Silesian region, also in culinary terms. Silesian Flavors are a part of the “slow food” trend, promoting an aware style of living and eating as well as culinary tourism. According to the sentence saying that “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”, tourists more and more often, apart from interesting monuments and cultural events, look for a tasty, original, and not mass-oriented regional cuisine that becomes an indicator of a given place.
- Taking the big success of a culinary event Silesian Flavors Festival, which has taken place in Silesian towns since 2006, there has been a need for developing this event to a tourist product.
- Existence of a strong promotional campaign of Silesian Voivodeship: “Silesia. Positive Energy”, which draws attention to the region’s diversity.
- The Silesian Voivodeship’s cuisine is diverse, it includes 8 so-called “regional tables” (according to Marek Szoltysek’s classification), divided into even smaller local culinary traditions. That’s why there has been a need for creating one brand collecting different kinds of the Silesian Voivodeship’s cuisine.
- Growing popularity of the “slow food” trend, popularizing an aware style of living and eating, as well as culinary tourism.
- Conducting comprehensive focus research with TNS Pentor on the idea of Silesian Flavors’ brand among restaurant owners from the Silesian Voivodeship. Result of this research was information about positive attitude of restaurant owners to the Silesian Voivodeship cuisine and about the need to create a common brand which could be Silesian Flavors.
- The strategy was developed in the process of meetings with representatives of Silesian Tourist Organization, Marshal’s Office of Silesian Voivodeship, representatives of the Silesian Culinary Group, Silesian Flavor Chapter and the contractors (Planet PR agency in cooperation with Publicon agency).
- Preparing the methodology to launch the Silesian Flavors brand, based on four steps: preliminary, brand implementation, development and strengthening, in order to increase expenditure and development of this initiative with simultaneous change in its financing method. The goal was to be the possibility of brand’s self-financing thanks to the development of certification program.
- Preparing a comprehensive system of brand visualization enabling the promotion of restaurants taking part in the program, Silesian Flavors Festival and consistent communication of the Silesian Flavors brand.
- Preparing new visual identification of the Silesian Flavors Festival.
- Preparing several plans of the brand promotional campaign to be used depending the available budget.
- Implementation-ready, comprehensive strategy for building a new “Silesian Flavors” brand.
- Innovative web tourist product covering all the voivodeship.
- Positive evaluation of the Silesian Flavors brand concept by regional media and representatives of tourist and culinary industry in Silesian Voivodeship.